We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic and self-directed individual to join our highly qualified IT team.This role will centre on administration of our VMware based, Windows 2003/2008/2012, Citrix XenApp 6.5 Farm, enterprise wide backup systems, Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013, Server Based Security and Active Directory user/object management, to ensure stable operation of the Firm's cutting edge Server Infrastructure Environment. The candidate will also spend time working on project based initiatives and must be able to analyze work, set goals, develop plans and utilize time effectively and efficiently. The successful applicant will have a proven track record supporting enterprise environments and have demonstrated experiences in successfully navigating through complex and challenging projects.
- Primary responsibilities: managing Enterprise backup/replication strategy using Avamar, Exchange administration and Maintenance, Blackberry, Good and MobileIron Administration and corporate Citrix XenApp 4.5 and 6.5 Farm.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for areas of responsibility.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with all infrastructure team members.
- Install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot and support Microsoft Windows (2003, 2008, 2012) Active Directory, Exchange 2010, VMware (vSphere 5.x and up), Blackberry Enterprise Server, Enterprise Vault, RightFax.
- Provide tier 3 user support, in a large geographically dispersed environment.
- Monitor helpdesk tickets assigned to the Infrastructure team and respond in a timely manner to issues identified by end-users.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation and monthly systems preventive maintenance.
- Provide server-level support for a number of end-user applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Post Secondary Education in Information Technology
- Minimum 5 to 8 years experience excelling in a comparable role
- Hold at least ONE current certifications (i.e. MCITP, MCSE, VCP, CCA)
- Server management including capacity planning and monitoring
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 (deployment and administration)
- Citrix XenApp 4.5 and 6.5 (administration)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 (administration)
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.x/10.x, Fusion (administration)
- Good Software
- Enterprise backup processes (Avamar/Recover point) (orchestration and administration)
- VMware vSphere 5.X (administration)
- Microsoft Active Directory object and Group Policy (administration)
Additional Skills Considered being an Asset
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (administration)
- Working knowledge of storage systems with EMC storage arrays VNXe, VNX and VPLEX being a definite asset
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Able to work on multiple projects at any one period of time
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast pace, high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, and keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Available for overtime should it be required